Exams providing some actual “real world” examples are preferred.
1. Briefly describe the Leadership Grid model. What is a �9/9� Leader?
2. What is framing? Name 2 leaders who have utilized it effectively in casting a vision.
3. Briefly describe the components of Leadership Credibility. Who has it? Who doesn�t?
4. What is �active listening�? What is its importance re: Leadership?
5. How might you develop your Leadership Assertiveness?
6. Define a �successful meeting�. How would you lead such a meeting?
7. What is the difference between a group and a team?
8. List two benefits and two costs of increasing group size.
9. List and briefly define the five stages of The Tuchman Teambuilding Model.
10. Are there any traits/behaviors/values which all great global leaders share? Discuss.
11. Define group norms and their function.
12. How do good leaders provide constructive feedback?
13. Name five common reasons why ineffective leaders avoid delegation.
14. Why are women the best negotiators? What are the advantages of having 20 female US Senators?
15. How can a leader use a crisis as a means of changing an organizational culture?
16. Explain Leader-Member Exchange (�LMX�) Theory. Give a �real world� example.
17. Discuss the principal difference between the situational leadership theory and Fiedler’s contingency model of leadership.
18. List and describe the four leadership behaviors of path-goal theory.
19. What leadership techniques did Lou Gertsner display in miraculously saving IBM in the mid to late 90s?
20. What are the Leadership Lessons of Steve Jobs?
21. What are the Leadership Lessons of Jim Burke?
22. What is �authentic leadership�? Whom do you consider to be an authentic leader? Why?
23. What is �inauthentic leadership�? Whom do you consider to be an inauthentic leader? Why?
24. What are the Leadership Lessons of Al �Chainsaw Dunlap?
25. What are “dark” side personality traits and how might they come into play with athletic coaches?
26. Discuss the idea of organizational fit and how it can affect leadership success.
27. Successful leaders today must �Think globally and act locally.� Explain.
28. Compare and contrast the positive and negative impact of conflict in the organization.
29. Name and describe the five general approaches to managing conflict that were described by Thomas.
30. Describe Emotional Intelligence. How can you improve your EI?
31. Briefly describe Herzberg’s Two Factor Theory.
this is 31 Q choose 19 and answer them i will upload the book
Grades will be predicated upon BOTH the QUANTITY and QUALITY of responses.
Through the Managerial Decision – Making Model of Corporate Responsibility located in (DeSensi and Rosenberg, Chapter 9 text)
As an Athletic Director how can you incorporate into your own decision-making style and how will different settings or scenarios affect your decision-making style? Give at least TWO different settings or scenarios.
Management Science and Operation Planning
This coursework requires me to build a simulation model to identify the best configurations for the National Cranberry Coorperative case study(can be found online).
The key part to this assignment is the simulation model built using Excel, the report is only to explain the approach and recommendation to the company for improvements. Therefore, no reference needed. Thank you very much for the Excel model I am really struggling with it.
Assignment 3: Vice President of Operations, Part 3
Using the same scenario from Assignment 1, present the following findings to your Chief Executive Officer.
Create a presentation in a common format (PowerPoint or a similar program) with a minimum of twenty (20) slides and corresponding speaker notes in which you:
1.Determine which statistical technique you will employ to measure the quality characteristics of your organization. Provide examples to support the rationale.
2.Analyze the current facility location, and then use the three-step procedure to determine a new location.
3.Analyze the key concepts related to capacity planning and facility location for the new location.
4.Examine the current work system design, and determine your organization’s selected feasibility in the job design (i.e., technical, economic, behavioral). Assess key elements of the rationale in the work design competitive advantage.
5.Using the method analysis described in the textbook, defend the new change implementation process and the rationale for the change of method.
6.Develop a diagram showing network planning techniques, in which you use the program evaluation and review technique (PERT) and the critical path method (CPM).
7.Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
*****No introduction or conclusion needed. Please make sure there is no plagiarism.
The paper will describe the company using concepts learned in the course and include history, business structure, service level, size, etc., and the use of lodging language is expected. The following questions will be answered in the paper.
1. Who is the hotel’s target market and what services do they use to attract and satisfy this market?
2. What are the hotel company’s plans for development?
3. What recruiting methods do they use?
The paper will use APA formatting, and length should be 6 – 8 pages double spaced using 12 point font. This does not include title page, or references or appendices.
Assignment 3: Human Resource Development
Assignment #3: A Professional Growth Plan*
Professional growth plans represent a formal commitment to life-long learning. The plans should provide individuals with the meaningful engagement in study and related activities with the purpose of maintaining and increasing the knowledge, skills, and dispositions of an individual or individuals in their professional lives. Professional growth plans should include (a) the identification of an individual need, (b) the formal and informal activities designed to help individuals develop new knowledge and learn new skills, (c) the means of developing new insights into their own practice and explore new or advanced understandings of content and resources, (d) the support that individuals will receive as they encounter the challenges that come with putting into practice their evolving knowledge and skills, and (e) a well-designed evaluation plan for determining the effectiveness of the professional growth plan.
Written Assignment: Develop a 7-10 page comprehensive professional growth plan for yourself. A professional growth plan provides a clear, comprehensive and organized process, which results in the application of new knowledge, skills and abilities toward career improvement. It is an assessment of professional growth strategies and a process of achievement to assure improvement in performance.
2 Assignment: Research Proposal for Strategic Plan
Week 2 Assignment Instructions: Choose an organization as the focus for the Strategic Plan. Write a proposal of no more than 750 words, outlining the research approach you will use for your Strategic Plan, due in Week 6. Include the following:
-How you intend to ensure the organization’s vision, mission, and people strategies and values statements are aligned with the proposed strategic plan.
-Sources you expect to use to perform an external environmental analysis
-Sources you expect to use to perform an internal environmental analysis
Design of a Graduate Development Programe
Individual assignment A: Design of a Graduate Development Programme
Your task is to plan a development programme for a new graduate on completion of his/her degree programme within an organization of your choice. You have two options:-
Base your assignment on an organization with which you are familiar through your placement year.
Focus on an organization where you would ideally love to work in the future. This may involve research through the internet or other means to gain background information.
Even though you may be drawing on your own experience and aspirations, the assignment should be completed in the third person, i.e. as though written by a third party- an HRD specialist, for example.
The development programme should last for three months, and should incorporate both on and off the job training. You MUST have a specific organization in mind to provide the background for your development programme. You are allowed to make reasonable assumptions, for example, the job the graduate will perform on completion of development, and person-related training needs.
You should take into account the following:-
The objectives for the development programme
How the plan fits with the HRD strategy of the organization
Psychological and sociological learning theories to underpin proposals
A range of interventions based on formal as well as informal learning
How the learning will be evaluated
You should present a detailed timetable of the development programme, stating your objectives for the programme, and detailing the business case for your proposal.
You should specify how you will evaluate the effectiveness of the event.
Module Learning Outcomes Assessed:
Apply the theories learned on the module and design a learning intervention for a live case study organisation ensuring the alignment between the systematic training design and organisational strategy.
Critical evaluation, reasoning, analysis, synthesis.
3.Knowledge & Understanding:
Explain the different facets of training design and critically examine the contextual factors that impact upon that shape training design.
Identify the individual components of training design and critically examine their core underlying theories.
Critically evaluate the role of key stakeholders in the planning, design and delivery of training interventions.
Evaluate the extent to which each of the learning theories can be applied to androgogy and the way in which these can be operationalised in a workplace context.
Time management, communicating ideas effectively, planning and organising, working independently, discussing in teams, job analysis, secondary research skills and ICT skills.
Font Size: 12 point Arial or Times New Roman
Line Spacing: 1.5 line spacing
Referencing: Harvard Style Referencing throughout
Report format but ensure that you construct a narrative and focus on continuous prose as much as possible.
You will need to make a start on your assignment at an early stage to meet the deadline comfortably. You will see that each week is closely linked with a chapter within the recommended textbook- Mankin 2009.
Theoretical analysis 40%
Theoretical issues highlighted to set work into broader
context, e.g. learning theory, training needs analysis, factors in the
organizational context impacting upon learning (organizational
learning?), types of learning events and rationale for their use,
how the effectiveness of the programme might be evaluated.
Organization selected upon which to base assignment.
Appropriateness of learning interventions proposed given the
business challenges faced (e.g. relationship to business strategy).
The extent to which the timetable is realistic, given business
constraints (e.g. costs, time, implications for other employees).
Report format but ensure that you construct a narrative and focus on continuous prose as much as possible. Bring together theoretical and practical
perspectives. Well structured, written (language and spelling)
answer to question Board.
) Identify a leader in an event. What stands out about their strengths and weaknesses? What were the consequences of their actions? This question will take some time so start early in the week to develop and research.
2) What value is project management? Why is this a skill a disaster/EM needs to practice?
A critical analysis of information systems within an organisation and its potential impact on management decision making
A critical analysis of information systems within an organisation and its potential impact on management decision making
1. Select an organisation with which you are familiar and consider the different types of information systems within that organisation.
2. Critically analyse the information systems in relation to their potential impact on management decision making. (Depending on the size of the organisation and the information available, you can focus on one or more information systems.)
Key content areas for the report will be discussed during the weekly timetabled classes.
3. Present your findings in a report format, following the structure and guidelines provided on Blackboard.
4. The word count is a maximum of 3,000 words.
Only the main body of the report contributes to the word count (i.e. executive summary, contents page, reference list and appendices are not counted).