Below are the directions I was given for the essay:
A. Explain the originality and uniqueness of Kants ethical theory by:
1. Explaining Kants general criticism of previous ethical theories.
2. Defining how Kant distinguishes between autonomy and heteronomy.
3. Explaining Kants formulation of the `categorical imperative.`
4. Explaining how adherence to the categorical imperative provides for autonomous ethical choice.
B. Reflect on Kants ethical theory by:
1. Supporting a position on how Kants theory on ethical decision making is correct or incorrect with personal thought.
2. Supporting your position with evidence from the text.