Exemplification Paragraph – First Draft
Using your outline as a guide, write an exemplification paragraph 12-15 sentences in length. Your topic sentence should be a generalized statement, with at least three specific examples that support the topic sentence. The paragraph must also contain a concluding statement. Usually, a concluding statement restates the topic sentence, but in a different way. Finally, do not forget to use transitions (signal words) as discussed in Chapter 3. As you revise your work, pay close attention to unity, support, coherence, and sentence skills. Please be sure to double-space all writing assignments
Here is the outline created earlier
Title: Exemplification, Online learning requires different skills than on-campus courses
Online learning requires different skills than on-campus courses
A. Balancing the combination of work, family and education
1. Work Schedule vs. Classes datelines.
2. Balance between free time to work in classes and to spend quality time with family
B. Communication in distance learning between students and teachers.
1. Method of communication (Email, Phone, Chat)
2. Professor availability vs. student schedule.
C. Learners with low motivation or bad study habits may fall behind
1. Without the routine structures of a traditional class, students may get lost or confused about course activities and deadlines.
2. Students may feel isolated from the instructor and classmates.