Topic: FINITE ELEMENT ANALYSIS = USING ANSYS
Your task is to:
1. construct a suitable finite element model and compare the FEA predictions with the theoretical data for the case where D/d = 1.5.
2. draw a graph (within ANSYS) of the variation of direct stress across the section where the radius and the lines associated with dimension, d intersect.
1. A succinct report 10 pages max (including everything!!)
2. Include a description of the FEA model (i.e. shape/mesh design/boundary conditions) giving reasons for your choices.
3. A comparison of the FE results with theory which includes a hard copy of your graph. You should comment on the possible reasons for any differences that may arise.
4. A hard copy of the graph referred to in task 2 above. You should comment on the results compared to expectations.